The Watch is in cinemas this week. And Ben Stiller’s rather a prolific sort (and occasionally quite funny), so we thought we’d give him a post all to himself.
• His experiences working on that particular movie were apparently the inspiration for Tropic Thunder, released some 20-odd years later.
• Is a huge Trekkie.
• Was nominated for five Worst Actor Razzies in a single year. He only appeared in six movies.
• Was considered for the part of Willy Wonka in Tim Burton’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. As if he ever had a chance against Johnny Depp…
• Benny got so into character he broke three cameras during the filming of Dodgeball, as well as (accidentally) smacking into his wife.
• Bitten on the chin by a ferret during the making of Along Came Polly. Does that count as ‘suffering for one’s art’?
• Ben actually went to stunt driver school to learn tricks. Unfortunately, he didn’t get good enough to do any driving on Starsky and Hutch.
• Really, really likes working with his dad.
• Zoolander Stiller family count: a lot. His wife Christine Taylor, dad Jerry, mama Anne, sister Amy and brother-in-law Mitch all pop up.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment