Now we’re sure there’s a better reason to celebrate the thousands of cheesy-as dance movies out there, but we can’t think of one. So we’re gonna use this: Step Up 4: Miami Heat is out this week.
• Step Up 3 was the second film in history to feature a 7.1 surround sound audio format. Weirdly, Toy Story 3 was the first.
• Shooting You Got Served got a bit tricky when the actors got so mad during battle scenes they just started fighting. Does no-one pay attention to the word ‘cut’ anymore?
• Julia Stiles got her role in Save the Last Dance after director Thomas Carter saw her table dance while inebriated in 10 Things I Hate About You.
• The naked extras in Footloose were paid the mammoth fee of $20 each to strip off.
• Dirty Dancing may be a classic of the genre, but it could have been very different; Billy Zane and Sarah Jessica Parker auditioned for the leads.
• Flashdance may have aged about as well as a corkscrew perm, but it’s got the words ‘guilty pleasure’ stamped all over it. Our favourite fact? Gene Simmons (yes, that one) was offered the male lead.
• Zac Efron was originally cast as Ren in the Footloose remake, but dropped out because he didn’t want people to think all he could do was sing and dance. As good a reason as any, we suppose.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment