• Keira’s middle name is Christina. That’s a lot of ‘cuh’ sounds for one person.
• Appeared, as so many British child stars do, in The Bill.
• Was the subject of many years of intense debate amongst Star Wars fans determined to figure out which scenes from The Phantom Menace she appears in (Keira played Natalie Portman’s decoy.)
• Shot her first nude scene aged just 15.
• Romola Garai auditioned for KK’s role in Dr Zhivago and the part of Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice. They later starred as sisters in Atonement.
• Appeared, uncredited, in Rupert Grint-starring fart flick Thunderpants. Which we haven’t seen, but we’re sure it’s totally awesome.
• Keira and her mum were involved in a literal shipwreck during the shooting of Pirates of the Caribbean. On their way back from a night shoot, their boat struck a reef and went down. Scary stuff, but luckily everyone got away OK.
• BFFs with Carey Mulligan.
• At age 20, she was the third-youngest woman in Oscar history to be nominated for Best Actress.
• Claims her most embarrassing moment was auditioning for The Phantom of the Opera, because she knew her voice wasn’t good enough.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment