• Was editor-in-chief of his high school newspaper. It had the lulzworthy moniker ‘The Lion’s Roar.’
• That scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin where he has his chest hair waxed off? It was shot for real, and in a single take. All the exclamations of pain were improvised – and genuine.
• Made his film debut in 1991’s Curly Sue. Apparently his character was called Tesio…we have no recollection of him.
• Taught improv for 6 years.
• Wrote his breakout movie The 40 Year Old Virgin.
• Beat Paul Giamatti and Hank Azaria to the role of Michael Scott.
• Attended the premiere of Bruce Almighty despite thinking all his scenes had fallen foul of the editing process. Was pleasantly surprised to discover he was still in it.
• Phoned in sick to The Office during the 2007 writer’s strike, claiming to be suffering from ‘enlarged balls.’
• Originally wanted to be a lawyer, but changed his mind when he couldn’t think of an answer to the age-old question ‘why do you want to be a lawyer?’
• Used to be an ice hockey goalie. Showed off his skating skills in a Season 7 episode of The Office.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment