The Dark Knight Rises is out this week! And we love a good excuse for a Tom Hardy post…
• Was taken out of drama school early to work on Band of Brothers. Talk about a lucky career break!
• Tom’s dad is called Chips. Amaze!
• Won The Big Breakfast’s “Find Me a Supermodel” competition in 1998. He doesn’t like to talk about it (or the baggy combat pants he was wearing) much.
• Auditioned for the part of Mr Darcy in the 2005 film version of Pride and Prejudice. Matthew Macfadyen ended up with the role.
• Tom thought he was cast as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises because of his performance in Bronson. Chris Nolan hasn’t actually seen that particular movie.
• Gained 30lb of pure muscle for the role of Bane, and 42 to play Charles Bronson. Such commitment!
• Tom made his film debut in 2001 war flick Black Hawk Down, playing an American soldier despite his Britishness. The dude’s name? Twombly.
• Got the role of Ricki Tarr in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy after Michael Fassbender backed out to make X-Men: First Class.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment