Hollywood megastars and scandal go together like hand in glove. Don’t believe us? Check out what this lot once got up to!
• Elizabeth Taylor didn’t just play a maneater on screen, you know – she was married EIGHT times. Two of those marriages were to Cleopatra co-star Richard Burton…which isn’t too scandalous in itself, but she did have a rather naughty affair with him before things got all serious. Tut tut!
• Woody Allen and Mia Farrow were together for like, a trillion years right? We’re not sure exactly how long it was, but what we do know for definite is why it ended. The Woodster turned around and shacked up with Soon-Yi Previn, who was not only 36 years his junior but also Farrow’s adopted daughter. It can’t be just us who think that’s really, incredibly creepy. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to those things,” said Woody in his own defence. Right…
• Hugh Grant is a buffoon. Not only does he play one in essentially every movie he’s ever been in, there’s also a strong case for that image bleeding into his real life. Case in point: he was caught with a prostitute in 1995 and arrested for ‘lewd conduct.’ As Hugh pleaded no contest to the charges, we all have a pretty good idea of what he was getting up to. Altogether now: EWWWW!
• Before she was a UN ambassador, the future Mrs Brad Pitt (the second) and Supermom to what can only be described as a football team, Angelina Jolie was pretty odd. She wore blood around her neck in a vial, for example. Blood which was not her own. Even weirder and more scandalous, Jolie rocked up to the 2000 Oscars with her bro James, snogged him in front of the cameras and spent the night proclaiming to be in love with him. She’s since denied there was anything incestuous going on, but still.
• Remember when Rob Lowe was like, dead famous? You might not, it was a while back and all that. Unfortunately for Rob, one of the things he’s now best known for is picking up a 16 year old (remember, in the US that’s all kinds of illegal) and videotaped them going at it. Our favourite part of this story? It’s a tossup between the fact that the chick then robbed him, or that they were at the 1988 Democratic National Convention at the time.
• Darling of the 1990s Winona Ryder rocketed back into the headlines in 2002. Unfortunately, it wasn’t because she made a great movie. It was because she attempted to steal six grand’s worth of designer duds from Beverly Hills Saks Fifth Avenue. While the police were searching her, they also found prescription drugs and a syringe. Whoopsies. Ryder was sentenced to three years of probation, 480 hours of community service, counseling, and was ordered to pay $10,000 in fines.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment